- Villa Moda Shuwaikh has received new Autumn/Winter 2007 deliveries for Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu, Prada Sport, And Salvador Ferragamo. So stock up on the fall collection before it's too late.
- M Missoni have also received new pre-fall collection. Their knitted clothes are true investment pieces, and most of the time they don't go out of style. so don't hesitate to splurge.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
Get Visa from the embassy?... check.
A colorful luggage to easily notice it on the luggage arrival runway? ...check.
Stylish & comfortable clothes? ...check.
Agenda of Where to go and What to do? ...mmm... I'll check with the hotel concierge.. right?
WRONG! If you're planning to go to cities with fashion influence such as London, Milan, Paris, Dubai, or New York this summer, then you have to do your homework first. Very few people, ever think of putting an effort to do some research on the cities they are planning to go to. Take it from me, as much as I hate to admit it, it's not always about shopping, shopping, and shopping. There are beautiful and stylish things to see and do in those cities.
So, if you're traveling to these places, or any other place, let me know and I'll give you some trendy travel tips. Feel free to post a comment or e-mail me with your destination details.
Speaking of traveling, I read in the news that Space tourism pioneer Virgin Galactic has appointed Dubai-based travel agency Sharaf Travel as its "Accredited Space Office" for the Middle East region.The agency will offer commercial space flights to consumers in the Middle East at a cost of US $200,000 per ticket. Anyone interested?
My Favourite shoes of the moment are Christian Louboutin Fox Trot shoes. I recently got them online and I'm so glad I did coz they're the latest it-shoes and they're so shiny I can actually see my reflection on them (perfect for checking out my lipstick when I'm not carrying my mirror). The only problem I have now is that I haven't worn them yet. They're too flashy for certain places. I'm waiting for the right occasion to wear them.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
- Yup, it has been confirmed by Arabian Business Magazine (And Yes I do read non-fashion related magz) Barneys New York, the luxury department store chain, has been sold for $825 million to a Dubai-owned private equity firm "Istithmar" while considering other offers for the chain or the entire company. Under the agreement with Istithmar, Barneys NY can weigh other offers made by July 22, and it can explore bids for the whole company through August 11. Barneys NY would have to pay a breakup fee of $20.6 million if it terminates the deal before July 22, and $22.7 million after that.
- "Burberry" at Al Raya Complex are having up to 40% sale.
- "Designers Lounge" at Salhiya Complex, Mezzanine 1, have started their sale.
- "M Missoni" at Al Raya Complex are having 50% off.
- "Whistles", at Al Raya Complex, are also having 50% off and I found some really nice casual pieces for the summer AND winter.
- "Furla" at Al Raya Complex are having 20% off and I found a very elegant pair of canvas and mock croc green & yellow shoes.
- Cole Haan is now available at Villa Moda Shuwaikh next to Jeans Bar.
- And what's better than Net-a-Porter's Sale Extravaganza? Snap up the good stuff before anyone else!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
- If you don't have a Bottega Vanetta Bag then this is your golden chance to buy one at an unbeatable price. The classic hobo shaped woven bag is sold at KD 194. And it's color is pale yellow, perfect for the summer.
- Don't bother to go to Etro if you're looking for clothes. A bit boring. But they do have a colorful patent belt that will take you through the summer and fall.
- Sorry girls, the YSL "Downtown" bags are not on sale. But they do have nice shoes collection. I wasn't impressed by their clothes collection though.
- Ferregamo? I skipped it. I'll only go there when I turn 45 years old or if I was shopping with mom. Gucci? Skipped that too for some reason..
- Prada, forget their bag collection and head straight to the shoes. From classy chic evening shoes, to everyday casual & hip flats & sandals. Oh and yes, their Turbans are on sale, in case you want to pull off a MK & Ashley thing.
- At Marni, you can find light coats for winter for less than KD 150 (3rd Photo). I fell in love with this coat and it was the last piece. Unfortunately, it was 2 sizes bigger than my size, so I didn't buy it. Maybe you want something new for Eid (remember it's going to be a sizzling eid so you'd better buy something light & summery).
- I'm not sure but I think Manolo Blahnik's shoes were on sale...
- Don't bother to go to the Multi Brand or Jeans Bar section. Nothing interesting.. (except for Anya Hindmarch's bags).
- And finally, if you're looking for something dressy & eye-catching, go to Manish Arora, I liked his bright fabrics with golden leather disks & embroidery. My fave was his high-waist circular skirts (shown above). Just look at the details... it's surely not for the faint of heart. Nonetheless, it is well cut and extremely original. The skirt was KD 487 and now it's being sold for KD 243.
My last advice, don't even get close to "Glitter". The lamest thing Villa Moda has ever done. Such a waste of space.
Enjoy Shopping Everyone and let me know if you bought anything :)
Monday, June 25, 2007
- Pink will have a live concert in Dubai on September 5th, 2007? The concert will be held at Dubai Media City. Unfashionable news? I know but felt like mentioning it.
- I know this is old news for most of you, but I'm going to post it anyways: Villa Moda Shuwaikh and Gucci Al Fanar are having 50% sale. Look for fall investment pieces.
- BCBG are having their sale too. It doesn't hurt to buy a thing or two, does it?
- US restaurant chain Hooters, renowned for its revealingly dressed waitresses, could open its first of three outlets in Dubai by the end of the year. A Kuwaiti investor, with franchise rights to Hooters in Dubai, has announced this in UAE's Media. Classy?
Sunday, June 24, 2007
I'm over this trend now but the reason why I brought this up is because recently I saw an Interview on Future TV with Sara's Bag owners and they mentioned that very soon they will be offering their online shopping service. Isn't that interesting? Also, did you know that, in addition to Beirut, their bags are already being sold in UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar?
Looking at Sara's Bag makes you realize how far you have come in terms of fashion maturity...or if you have come very far at all!
A HUGE thank you to all of you who were kind enough to notice my absence and ask about me. Thanks for your concern and kindness. My absence was due to unfashionable circumstances. And now I'm back for good :) Thanks again.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Experience the D.BOX concept straight from Beirut on TUESDAY JUNE 19 at BEIT BADRA (behind Casper & Gambini - Church Area).
I found this reportage in Al-Qabas the other day of a Kuwaiti Female designer and I was shocked to see that in one of her designs she actually copied JLo’s Marchesa gown, the one with gem strings adorning her chest.
If you can't come up with a creative creation. Then it’s a sign from God that being a designer is just not meant for you.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
During my recent shopping spree to Al Raya complex I found this unbelievably cute suitcase by United Colors of Benetton (Remember how hip their t-shirts were back in the days!?). The suitcase would be perfect for getting away for the weekend or a 3 day vacation. The suitcase is big enough to fit everything you need from your clothes, toiletries to magazines (and a small "sogha"). The suitcase costs around KD 41. There used to sell the bigger sizes of the same colored suitcase but unfortunately they were all sold out. So get the small suitcase now so you won't have to give up your chic ways when globetrotting.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
If you want to save your money for the fall collection, that's even wiser. (who am I kidding!).
Happy Shopping everyone!
Friday, June 15, 2007
Phew!! And that long message was sent through SMS!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
I've been to Barney NY (heart heart heart) and to me, it excels, by far, all the department stores which I have been to so far (Jeffery's come in second). The purchase of Barneys means soon you'll be spending your hard earned (or not :P) money at yet another location in Dubai. As if we need an excuse to go to Dubai for the weekend. I love you Dubai, I love you Saks, I love you Harvey, and I LOVE YOOOOU Barneys.
My fave item is the gray sailor-like top. So perfect for outdoor lunch on Thursdays/ Fridays/ Saturdays.
So here's the contact details for online orders:
This Morning I found out that a new store called "109" has opened in a complex called "Al Ghawali" located at Shuhada'a Street, Kuwait City (Opposite to Al Raya Complex). So I headed there to get a glimpse of the store and get my hands on it's stock before anyone else (as usual.. My shopping fever was at it's height). But when I got there, it turned out that the store will open this Saturday the 16th June. I have also found out that the store is owned by the same group that owns Fashion TV Arabia.. Interesting huh? 109 will be selling brands such as Exte, versace, Just Cavalli, C'n'C Costume National, GF Ferre, and Galliano. I wonder if it's going to be hip enough to compete with other trendy boutiques. So I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
And in other news:
- ESCADA SPORT is having a sale. The store is located at Salhiya Complex Mezzanine 1.
- Monsoon & Accessorize are having 25% off in Sharg, Marina, Avenues, and the airport.
- Mango is having up to 40% off.
Monday, June 11, 2007
I know that oversized clutches might not be that practical, you can't just throw them over your shoulder and go. But I'm sooo loving this look! And deep down my heart, I truly believe that the oversized clutch could work, as long as you don’t cram the poor thing with junk and you treat it with a little TLC. and also, if you don’t make it the bag you reach for when running your errands. (shbuga?!)
Recently I paid a visit to my friend Jimmy at Al Salhiya, and I liked what I saw. Liked it too much. I was a bit hesitant on the color though. Black is too.. well you know black for the summer. And I love the white but it doesn't go with my clothes for this summer. I want a vibrant color. I remember seeing the same bag in cobalt blue somewhere and I just wish I could get my hand on it… It would be the bag that I'd carry everywhere (well almost). I won't give up and I'll keep on searching. Oh! and by the way, the bag costs around KD 309.
And Guess who's following the lead of Ms. Moss & SJP? Yup, Sienna has collaborated with her sister to create Twenty8Twelve. The line has already generated buzz as the first standout celebrity line. The collection will be for the Autumn/Winter 2007-2008.
Pictured here are some of the designs of the collection. Okay it's not horrifying, but it doesn't excite me either. It's not anything we haven't seen before and the colors are slightly… blah. My niece can do a better job that that! Seriously. I wonder if Sienna will star in Twenty8Twelve’s campaign as well.
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Fellow Fashionista's behold... a new store is in town and I have a long review for you:
Located at Mohamed Thunayan Alghanim St., Closet Candy is the new fashion haven for every true fashionista looking for casual chic clothing. Its small storefront and narrow street makes the place easy to miss when passing by, but you will do a double take when you glance at the store's window display.
Closet Candy Owner Dana Al Khobaizi has had passion for fashion ever since she bought her first copy of Teen magazine. "I found myself on the look out for up & coming designers in contemporary fashion, and realized that my knowledge of contempo fashion exceeded those around me".
"The fashion market in Kuwait was missing that spirit of shopping in a "stand-alone" boutique that carried the latest trends from the hottest lines... outside of a mall. I mean, what's more fabulous than walking into Closet Candy where all items are in fact candy for your Closet!” she added.
Al-Khubaizi has adopted a "Walk-in" closet concept. You can feel this concept the moment you hold the store's door knob, shaped as an adorable clothes hanger, and step inside. It does actually feel like raiding a celebrity's closet. Every thing is arranged neatly by category, a rack for tank tops, a rail for denim only, and another one for summery boho & trapeze dresses. Shelves stacked with accessories and women's apparel. Now THAT'S eye CANDY to me.
At Closet Candy, you’ll find yourself marveling at the vast array of designers and labels to choose from such as: J Brand, Siwy Jeans, Karen Zambos, Voom, Nieves Lavi, Charlotte Ronson, C&C California, Taka, Madison Marcus, Development, Wheels & Dollbaby, Mike & Chris, Motif 56, Sogoli, Kudra, Gingerella, Lena Wald, etc. And guess what? A whole lot of new designers are coming in for a fall. So you better think twice before spending you money on unnecessary & un-fashion-related items.
Since the store carries such trendy items & contemporary designers, the reasonable pricing is appealing to those who follow trends and would beg to differ.
The store is chockfull of fashionable goods. My favorite items were the grass green ballet flats, gold buckled & snake skin bracelets (very similar to the Hermes ones with the gold buckle minus the hefty price tag), J brand jeans, and the white eyelet dress with the black lining, perfect for dining out during the summer.
So what did I not like? Because the street is narrow, it's hard to find a parking lot in that area. And once you pass the store, you'd have to take a long detour to get to that street again. But Al-Khubaizi has reassured me that they are in the process of getting a couple of parking spots exclusively for Closet Candy customers. The other thing was that most items that I wanted were sold out in my size. I guess I'd have to be there the day they have new stuff on display. And finally, I think a bigger stock is needed for each brand. (I'd hate to see one Karen Zambos dress on the rail, it could be the rest of KZ's was already sold out).
Make sure when you visit the store, you give out your name, e-mail address, and mobile number so that they notify you of any new stocks. Future plans? Closet Candy the website "It is going to be a fun, informative, interactive contemporary fashion website" said CLoset Candy store owner.
Overall, I give Closet Candy "Ebert & Roepers" 2 thumbs up. I loved the store and I would definitely go there again and again as soon as I get notified for new arrivals that is.